torsdag 5. februar 2015

Harlequin blanket

IMG_1534b

Here's my harlequin blanket. I have seen a few here and there, and I have made rhombuses (or diamonds if you like)  before…  This time I wanted to see if I could find a "flat" way to crochet the rhombuses together.

I used my old pattern to make the "diamonds". My blanket is ca 75 x 80 cm.

I have used DK wool and a 4 mm crochet hook. You can of course use the yarn you prefer and a hook that goes with it. And make the blanket as large as you like :)

Make as many as you need of these shapes:

IMG_1295b

In my blanket I used 38  of these…

IMG_1294b

… 8 of these…

IMG_1293b

… and 12 of these.

Place them in the pattern you like. (Sorry about the terrible quality of some of the photos… It's the dark season here in the north…)

10809839_304238166449370_1977902879_n

Now It's time to start the joining. As you can see I join the diamonds in the diagonal lines. I join by crocheting 2 sc in every row. When you reach the end make 3 chains before you start on the next diamond. Continue like this until you reach the side. At the end make 2 chains. Now you will turn your work around and crochet back to the start point, joining the diamonds on the other side of the diagonal line.

IMG_1182c

You will crochet 2 sc in every row, but between the rows you will join the diamond to the one on the other side.

I did it like this:

IMG_1537

After crocheting 2 sc in a row, take the loop of the hook. Put the hook through the st between two rows on the other side, take the loop back on the hook and pull through. Continue crocheting 2 sc on the next row.

IMG_1539

The arrows here show where you will join the diamonds (where you pull through the loop).

IMG_1271b

At the crosses (where you have made 3 ch two times) you will make 1 ch, *1 ch over the 3ch, 1 ch.

* You will catch the chain st from the other diagonal inside this ch. To do this I kept my yarn on the back of the blanket when crocheting. As you can see in the photo.

IMG_1276c

Continue like this until all the diamonds are joined.

IMG_1176

IMG_1276b

IMG_1271

I made a simple border. First a row of sc. Then a row of dc. And at last a row of fans.

IMG_1398b

10903661_1555556274661371_1365298376_n

I hope this is clear and that someone will give this pattern a try Smilefjes

Good luck!

20 kommentarer:

  1. thanks for sharing! I like so much the edge! many congratulations!
    I wish you have a nice day! a big hug from Catalonia!

    SvarSlett
  2. thanks for sharing.
    you have done a really great blanket.

    SvarSlett
  3. It is wonderfull!!!!!!!!
    Ariane from Vienna

    SvarSlett
  4. Aldeles nydelig teppe!!! Så flink du er :)

    SvarSlett
  5. Solveig, you've solved the mystery of connecting beautifully crocheted diamonds so very well. Bravo to you.
    And many thanks for your generosity in sharing the design details with the rest of us.

    xo

    SvarSlett
  6. Amazing! Thank you for sharing your pattern with us. :-)

    SvarSlett
  7. Så vakkert! Regner med det ligger mye arbeide bak.

    SvarSlett
  8. Looks fantastic! Thanks for the tutorial. It is beautiful. X

    SvarSlett
  9. Hello Solveig
    Waouuuu you're blanket is wonderfulle i love it very much..
    Kiss from France ;)

    SvarSlett
  10. It's simply gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your talent <3

    SvarSlett
  11. Thank you for sharing this! I am planning to make it but I have a question about where the corners of the diamonds come together. When you are fastening them all together, and the fastening/edging crosses, it says "At the crosses (where you have made 3 ch two times) you will make 1 ch, 1 ch over the ch, 1 ch." I don't understand what this means. Can you explain? I am new to crochet, so I apologize if this is something obvious.

    SvarSlett
  12. What an amazing pattern, Thankyou so much, I can't wait to get started (:

    SvarSlett
  13. Thank you for this! I've been searching and searching and now my search is over. Wonderful!

    SvarSlett
  14. Thanks for sharing. Is there any logic in the top of the diamond. Where you turn rounds with three stitches and 2 stitches to start with? It isn't in the bottom of the diamond.

    SvarSlett
  15. Hej igen Solveig
    Kanske att jag måste prova den här istället. Tack för fin tutorial och fina diagram. Delar på Instagram när jag kommit en bit på väg.
    Kram och Happy 17:e maj!!!
    Annette

    SvarSlett
  16. do u think you can post a video of stitching the diamonds together i have all the patterns done just having hard time figuring out how to stitch them together. thank you

    SvarSlett
  17. Thank you so much for sharing this pattern. I feel so smart working on it because it is such a smart, sophisticated blanket. I'm about half done and find it wonderfully challenging. Your colors are nice too.

    SvarSlett
  18. Simply adored your pattern. I've just completed my blanket. Thank you for the inspiration and sharing the pattern.

    SvarSlett
  19. Your pattern is beautifully explained, and very clear. Thank you so much for sharing it. I'm excited to choose the colors for my blanket. Thanks from California!

    SvarSlett
  20. I'm very confused about joining the diamonds. Is there a video somewhere that would help? Thanks

    SvarSlett

Takk for kommentaren, stikk gjerne innom igjen!
Thanks for commenting and welcome back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails